Jute and coir matting are erosion control materials designed to both bio-degrade and photo-degrade (sunlight). They are 100% natural and contains no polymers. They are designed for exposed slopes until natural vegetation can take hold. Depending upon the thickness or weight it can be from 12 - 48 months.
- Over steepened slopes, road, rail embankments, industrial, mining restoration, earth dams
- Drainage channels, culvert outlets, washout drains and emergency water courses
- Highly erodible soils (embankments and sandy / silty soil areas, high gradient slopes)
- Badly compacted areas, junctions with civil engineering works such as bridge abutments and inaccessible areas
- Unpredictable or low rainfall areas
- Heavy rainfall areas
- Irrigated areas
- Channels, coastal and sea shores – shore protection Public and private parks, terraces, dams
Permathene Jute is a 100% bio-degradable erosion control product designed for at least two growing seasons before it naturally degrades. It contains no bleach or synthetic materials.
Service Life: 12 to 24 months. Weight 620 grams per m2.