Technical Hort & Landscaping
Weed Matting, Root Barrier, Drainage Modules, Bentonite, Grass Pavers, Frost Fabric
Noweed Weed control fabric is a UV stabilised heavy duty (110 gsm) woven polypropylene fabric. Manufactured to prevent weed growth and yet allow air to circulate! Soil is not soured and roots are protected from the spread of fungus and bacteria.
Noweed stands out from other fabrics which appear to be the same, due to its construction. An ordinary woven polypropylene prevents air flow, resulting in poor soil and poor growth. Noweed breathes and allows nutrients to filter through.
Note: As a woven polypropylene water flow rate can be slow to permeate through the fabric. For commercial growing it is recommended that irrigation be drip fed at the points of opening for the plants, this will ensure that water penetrates to the roots. For accessibility to the drip system it should be installed over the top.
A heavy duty woven weed fabric is superior to a nonwoven in several ways. Most importantly is UV life, a nonwoven will never last anywhere near the length of time of Noweed. Plus weed prevention, it is a heavy grade woven polypropylene with the premium a commercial grade fabric.
Noweed weed control fabric is used by landscapers, commercial growers, home and garden. Suitable for commercial crops, pebble and bark gardens, and weed control without the hazards of chemical sprays which endanger the growth and health of other plants. The fabric can be used both in ground or as an overlay for container growing.
Vercan root barrier is made in Australia from recycled HDPE. It is a tough material and can be easily bent around corners or cut with a utility knife. Vercan is manufactured in two types dimpled and textured. Some landscapers and councils prefer the dimpled as they believe the dimples act as more of a deterrent because roots tend to follow a smooth material whereas the roots will go off in another direction with a dimpled sheeting.
We stock 300mm, 600mm, 900mm, 1200mm wide in both standard and dimpled. These are available in 10m and 30m length rolls.
Vercan Root Barrier is now manufactured in three grades 1mm, 2mm and 3mm.
Sodium bentonite is often specified to be used as a root inhibitor for root barrier installations. Typically when using sodium bentonite as a base for root barrier a mixing ratio of 1:15 (bentonite to soil) for good quality soil or 1:10 ratio for poorer earth. You will need approximately 5kg per 10m of root barrier, allowing for a 50mm depth x 100mm width of bentonite/ soil mix.
If you are using bentonite clay as a repair for earth dams a common mix is 20kg soil to 1kg bentonite.
Our sodium bentonite is a civil engineering grade (see brochure for specifications) and is suitable for drilling, dam repairs and root barrier.
The Geohex Erosion Control System is a unique and innovative ground stabilisation technology that is quick to install.
Geohex is a permeable ground stabilisation technology that has been engineered for use in multiple applications ranging from soil & turf stabilisation for the enhancement of water saving measures to the reinforcement of roads in and around mine and construction sites.
Designed and manufactured in Australia to ISO9001:2014. Geohex is manufactured in recycled polypropylene. It is unaffected by moulds and algae, soil-bourne chemicals and bacteria. The product has a load bearing capacity of 1200 t/m2 (filled) and 300 t/m2 (unfilled).
Geohex can be used for soil, turf, embankment and road stabilisation in or around:
Mining, Civil and Earthworks
With the ability to withstand a maximum load of 1200 tonnes per square metre when filled with soil, Geohex can be used for the stabilisation of roads on mining, civil and earthworks sites as well as drainage stabilisation in hardstands, haul roads and equipments yards. Geohex can also be used in the stabilisation of mine site embankments, drains and airstrips.
With its rigid design and strong impact resistant polymer construction, Geohex provides a cost effective solution that prevents soft ground build up in heavy traffic livestock areas.
- Injection moulded using high impact UV stabilised copolymer polypropylene
- Alternatively manufactured in HDPE for sub-zero applications
- Manufactured from 100% recycled plastics and is in turn 100% recyclable
- Dimensions: 500mm x 1000mm x 42mm
- 2 pieces of Geohex = 1 square metre
- Temperature range: -45C to 155C
- Water permeability (installed): 99.7%
- Maximum load bearing capacity (filled) 1200 tonnes per square metre
- Inert and non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- Impervious to hydrocarbons
- Quantity per pallet: 170 units (85 square metres per pallet)
- Connection: clip locking system
- Colour: black
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
With its unique design, Geohex is created to provide very strong ground reinforcement thanks to its open cell structure. In construction applications, Geohex can be combined with grass, gravel or a sand/ soil mixture.
The Geohex retention system delivers a range of benefits across a broad scope of applications. It is Australian made and supported. Geohex can handle almost any load with maximum load bearing capacity of 1200 tonnes per square metre. Geohex promotes ground and turf stabilisation, it enables maximum use of land. Geohex reduces water runoff and promotes water conservation. Geohex is lightweight and long lasting. Geohex helps controlsoil erosion.
- Prior mechanical compaction of the soil and/ or ground base is essential for the successful performance of Geohex.
- If the surface is prone to movement, it may be necessary to install extra sub-surface drainage to maintain the strength and integrity of the topsoil.
- Additional drainage technology used may consist of course road base, agricultural piping, sand or a combination of all of these. Fine road base may lower or even prevent the absorption of water.
- It is recommended that a sand bed be placed under Geohex to construct a perfectly flat surface under the soil layer to prevent rutting and subsidence due to vehicular or livestock movement.
- The sand bed under Geohex requires moderate compacting to ensure proper topsoil leveling. Geohex can then be placed right on top of this layer.
- The best infill for Geohex is an angular stone up to 10-15mm in size, which locks together better and restricts any further slope movement.
- Other recommended infill products include topsoil, sand and fine gravel.
- Geohex can be used with any type of turf configuration or variety. Areas that have had Geohex installed should be inspected regularly to determine if any damage or minor subsidence has occurred.
Groshield fabric is a white, non toxic, lightweight fabric with excellent ventilation properties. It is formulated especially for horticultural uses from spunbonded polyester fabric. The special formulation and fibre distribution combine to offer exceptional strength and durability.
- Grass seed garden blanket – Groshield fabric is an ideal cover for seeded lawns. It protects the seeds from birds, and insulates the ground to quicken the germination process.
- Extend growing season – the fabric insulates against frost and cold (to approximately -3°C for the 20gsm and up to -7°C for 35gsm). Overall protection varies with respect to elements such as wind & humidity. Planting may occur weeks earlier than usual. The autumn season may also be extended by several weeks.
- Protect gardens – Crops are less vulnerable to scorching sun, drying winds, pelting rain, hail, and frost.